Australian Trade Commission, to co-operate in promoting Australia’s blockchain industry capability internationally and to encourage inbound investment by blockchain entrepreneurs from around the world.
The formal Memorandum of Understanding was signed in Shanghai on 18 May, 2018 by ADCA CEO, Nicholas Giurietto, and Austrade Deputy CEO, David Hazlehurst, in the presence of then Australian Minister for Trade, Steve Ciobo.
The MOU formalised and deepened an ongoing relationship. Joint initiatives between ADCA and Austrade include:
- May 2017 – Australian Blockchain Mission to Consensus in New York
- September 2017 – Australian Blockchain Mission to Wanxiang Global Blockchain Conference in Shanghai
- March 2018 – Inbound China Blockchain Development Forum Mission to Australia
- March 2018 – Australian Blockchain Education Mission to Australian Development Bank in Manila
- May 2018 – Australian Blockchain Mission to Consensus in New York
- September 2018 – Australian Blockchain Mission to Wanxiang Global Blockchain Conference in Shanghai
In 2019, ADCA and Austrade will once again collaborate on Australian Blockchain Missions to New York and Shanghai. In addition, we will also have a joint mission to Dubai as well as at least two inbound missions. Following the merger of ADCA and Blockchain Australia in July 2019, Blockchain Australia and Austrade will continue to collaborate on joint initiatives.